These rules have been established to encourage fairness, safety, conservation, and significant care for the fish caught. It is the goal of this event to move our sport forward as an example for all to follow:
- Entries made and paid for are prohibited from being sold, bartered, or given away without the expressed written consent of a tournament official. All Entries Are Final! Any entry that will not be used will be offered to a waiting list of teams/anglers on a first-come-first-serve basis. THIS EVENT IS CAPPED AT 100 TEAMS
- Good sportsmanship is expected of all individuals during the tournament. Failure to follow good sportsmanship may result in disqualification.
- Any disorderly conduct will be reason alone for disqualification.
- Any violation will result in an automatic disqualification.
- All State and Federal rules will be observed. It is up the anglers to determine what license or licenses may be needed.
- At least one participant from each team MUST be present to Register and review all rules on Friday, Sept. 17th between 4:00PM and 8:00PM. Registration location to be announced.
- Tournament Hours: 6:30AM - 3:00PM. Boat Check-In/Live Well check will begin at 3:00AM at the MRM Stage located in front of the Bass Pro Pyramid. Lines in the water prior to 6:30AM will be cause for immediate disqualification.
- Teams are limited to a maximum of a 3 person team.
- All children 16 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Life vests must be worn at take-off and encouraged while underway at all times.
- Fish may only be caught by Rod and Reel method only.
- A maximum of 3 fish per boat will be allowed at the weigh-in. Only 2 fish 34 inches or over and 1under will be allowed.
- Teams are allowed to have as many rods on board as needed. However, only 6 rods are allowed in the water at any given time.
- No snagging will be allowed
- No foul hooked fish will be accepted.
- No chumming.
- No fishing intentionally baited holes.
- All tournament boats must maintain a distance of 50 yards between each other while anchored and 50 feet while drifting. This includes all boats.
- Buddy fishing or sharing of information during tournament hours including techniques, baits, location, etc. is strictly prohibited.
- No fishing outside of the boat.
- No alcoholic beverages, marijuana, or illegal substances are allowed onboard or used during tournament hours.
- Due to possible low water and covid-19 restrictions remaining in place, launching will be allowed to take place at and in between Helena, AR ramp to the South and Halls, TN (Ed Jones ramp) to the North.
- Onboard live wells must be no less than 50 gallons, employ an electric freshwater circulating pump and include proper aeration. OXYGEN USE IS ENCOURAGED.
- Teams will be allowed to trailer to any location Mississippi River to launch based on rule #22. All boats must be at back for weigh-in at the Bass Pro Pyramid no later than 4:00PM. Those that launch from the Mud Island Ramp must be back to the Mud Island ramp by 4:00PM. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- Weigh-in will begin and take place at the Bass Pro Pyramid, Memphis, TN at or before 4:00PM.
- There may not be any extra fish in live-well. If there are more than 3 fish in live-well at weigh-in it will result in disqualification.
- ALL fish handled at weigh-in MUST BE handled with a gripper and gloves. Weigh slings are encouraged. Larger fish are encouraged to be handled by 2 anglers.
- Dropping of fish at weigh-in is discouraged.
- Placing of ALL fish into the weigh totes must be completed with care. No throwing or mishandling will be tolerated.
- No dead fish will be allowed at the weigh-in and will disqualify your team.
- No culling of fish at weigh-in.
- Ties will be decided by a coin toss.
- Any protests must be made before the Awards Ceremony and must be in writing. We will not accept any protests thereafter.
- This is a catch and release tournament. All live fish must be released healthy and alive. They may not be taken home with tournament participants.
- Angler's that consider their catch to be a possible record will have the sole responsibility for caring for the fish until the proper authorities are notified and arrive for verification purposes. Once verified, the fish must be released alive and healthy.
- Social Media live feeds are allowed and encouraged. However, caution must be used not to reveal too much relevant information when going live during the tournament hours. (see rule #19)
Upon your entry into the tournament you agree to and are placed under the Waiver/Release for the Mississippi River Monsters event, Please read below:
WAIVER/RELEASE FOR Mississippi River Monsters:
By entering the Mississippi River Monster's event, you attest to have read the accompanying event information and understand the policies of the event. I know that fishing on a river is a potentially hazardous activity. I should not enter unless I am medically able and properly trained. I assume all risks associated with my voluntary participation in this event, including but not limited to, falls and potential drowning, the effects of the weather, including extreme temperatures, boat traffic, and all conditions on the river, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. Knowing these facts, and in consideration of your accepting my entry, I for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, or anyone else who might claim on my behalf, covenant not to sue and WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE Mississippi River Monsters, the City of Memphis TN and Bass Pro Shops and all sponsors, officials, workers or volunteers, their representatives, successors or assigns for ANY AND ALL claims or liability, whether foreseen or unforeseen, for death, personal injury or property damage arising out of, or in the course of my participation in this event. I further grant full permission to the above-mentioned sponsors, organizers, and or agents authorized by them, to use any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, recordings, or other records of the event for any reasonable purpose.
All fishermen are subject to a polygraph exam.
NOTE: There will be someone at the weigh-in site throughout the tournament. If you have a large fish or fish that will not survive until 3 pm, you may bring your fish to be weighed and recorded. We will then release the fish and you can continue to fish. Once the weight has been recorded and the amount of fish you may not cull when you come back in.
If you have fish that you feel will not survive until weigh-in time bring them in so they can be weighed and released. That is why we have someone at the weigh-in. So that the fish can be released with the least amount of stress and a successful survival rate.
Mississippi River Monsters reserves the right to add up to an additional 10 teams as promotional giveaways. Boat numbers will be issued in the order entries are received and payment is made.
Officials will be stationed at the Bass Pro Pyramid for live-well checks. Live-well checks will start at 3:00AM and end at 6:00AM. Boats will be allowed to launch and depart after their live-well has been inspected. This will be done in an orderly manner.
Bass Pro/Tracker Boat Giveaway: Winners MUST BE present to win.
This is a live document. Rules are subject to change without notice.